We live in a fast-paced world in which mental issues became highly problematic for most people around us. It is essential to mention that in the last decade, we entered the point of the global pandemic when it comes to anxiety, depression, and other mental health issues.
Generally, people tend to forget that mental health depends on our physical wellbeing and vice versa. It means that if we neglect a single aspect of our overall health, we are endangering the side as well.
Even though we tend to connect chiropractic care Charlotte with spinal adjustments and manipulation, however, it is also beneficial for our mental hygiene as well.
You should know that chiropractic care includes a mind-body approach with an idea to help you adjust the physical symptoms so that you can alleviate the mental ones as a result.
It means that you will be able to address both anxiety and depression by taking the holistic approach to it and find all possible ways to get better while avoiding to consume anti-depressants and other addictive meds.
The studies have shown that chiropractic care is highly effective in relieving the particular mental health issues that we experience.
Therefore, you can visit a chiropractor as an affordable and natural option that will help you improve the quality of life and deal with both anxiety and depression.
In the further text, we will explain to you study-based correlations between chiropractic care and mental health issues.
Let us start from the beginning.
Common Depression and Anxiety Symptoms
We have mentioned above that we live in the world in which almost anyone experiences anxiety at some point intheir lives. However, we are not saying that everyone has general anxiety, but the enormous stress that surrounds us makes us deal with some of the symptoms.
For instance, depression is one of the leading causes of disability all across the globe. Even though symptoms tend to be unique for each patient, we can differentiate a few physical side effects of these mental issues such as:
- Migraines or headaches
- Muscle stiffness and tension
- Inability to sleep and fatigue
- General body ache
- Inability to relax properly
These symptoms go hand-in-hand with depression and anxiety, which means that you will have to deal with them. However, chiropractic care will help you relive these physical symptoms so that you can prevent further issues.
You should check here to learn the effects of chiropractic care on anxiety.
How Does Chiropractic Care Deal With Mental Issues?
- Mind-Body Approach – The main goal of chiropractic care is to find the perfect balance between your body and mind. It means that an expert will check all aspects of your general health, including therapies, adjustments, diet, exercises, and supplements you consume. Remember that chiropractic care is not something that will ultimately help you after a single treatment. It is vital to implement small changes and to be both persistent and patient along the way. You should incorporate various supplements such as Omega-3 so that you can boost the effects.
- Lowers Blood Pressure – The studies have shown that chiropractic care can reduce stress symptoms, including high blood pressure. Remember that high blood pressure is a common side effect of great stress and anxiety. According to studies, both massage therapy and chiropractic care can reduce overall levels. At the same time, it can reduce the stress and anxiety symptoms, which will make you feel more stable than before.
- All Natural Without Side Effects –The best thing about chiropractic care is that you will get an all-natural approach that will prevent severe issues that may happen. If you had experience with depression and anxiety meds, you probably know that they come with severe side effects, including fatigue, weight gain, nausea, insomnia, and even sexual dysfunction. Instead of giving yourself to these side effects, you will be able to reduce anxiety symptoms without taking these meds, which will ultimately help you improve the quality of your life. However, in some situations, you may need to consume medications because your brain chemistry is unbalanced.Therefore, if you are already consuming anti-depressants, you should not stop them without prior consultation and discontinuation schedule.
- Triggers Positive Hormones – Spinal health is closely connected with every single part of your body. According to different studies, chiropractic adjustments can increase the production of cortisol, oxytocin, and neurotensin. These hormones are essential for a healthy nervous system. Generally, neurotensin reduces stress-induced pain; cortisol blocks pain that happens from inflammation and oxytocin boosts the feelings of social bonding and neuro-communication, among other things.
- You Will Sleep Better Than Before – The typical symptom of both mental issues includes insomnia, which is the inability to sleep properly. If you implement chiropractic care, you will fall asleep much faster and enjoy better sleep than before. According to some studies, spine manipulation will help you improve sleep patterns. At the same time, you can implement massage therapy that will provide you similar results. For instance, cancer patients reducing the insomnia problems after undergoing massage therapies. It means that if you are struggling with insomnia and fatigue, you should do something about it as soon as possible.
- Relieves Headaches, Stiffness, and Tension – Both depression and anxiety lead to muscular tension and other issues. You probably know by now that chiropractic care will help you relieve the tension and stiffness, reduce the tension headaches as well as migraines. This particular relief will have an impact on your lifestyle because it will reduce the painful symptoms of anxiety. At the same time, massage therapy will help you reduce the pain resulting from mental health issues.
You should check out this website: https://adaa.org/understanding-anxiety/depression to learn more about depression in general.
- You Will Feel More Relaxed – Finally, you will be able to relax more than before, which is something that people with anxiety and depression struggle. That is the main reason why people with these issues choose to consume benzodiazepines for relaxing purposes, without thinking that these meds are highly addictive and can lead to severe problems. Chiropractic treatments will reduce the muscle activity by 25%, which means that you will be able to stay relaxed after a session.